My Beloved is ONE alone; Everywhere my eyes seem Him only. In search of love, I came to this world, but after seeing the world I wept, for I felt coldness on all sides, and I cried out in despair, "Must I too Become cold?". And with tears, tears, tears, I nurtured that plant with tenderness which I had almost lost within my heart. Putting reason in the churn of love, I churned and churned. Then I took the butter for myself.

Monday, November 29, 2010

ENCLOSED PLACE: In the realms of mental and material form

Pathway around east edge of the Pond, Summer 2010
The path I call "Treacherous" - a downhill path with a Cliff into the Pond
cliff
O.E. clif, from P.Gmc. *kliban (cf. O.S. clif, O.N. klif, O.H.G. klep, M.Du. klippe, Ger. Klippe "cliff, steep rock"), perhaps from PIE base *gleibh- "to adhere, be attached." Cliff-dweller first attested 1889, Amer.Eng.
Designing a yard to be able to have a CLIFF and it is little wonder I'm a hermit. My little mother was right, I just got myself too eccentric to hook a husband. Hook was her term, not mine and thoughts of fishing for a husband never cease to amuse me reminding me of jokes relating to the smell of dead fish ... and I laugh. I have yet to find the No Fishing Sign for my pond given the Pond Fish are getting sizable. Today they are beneath a thin layer of ice and are facing another winter. For some of them it will be their 3rd Winter under the ice.

Sitting on the edge of the Pond (a cliff of sorts)
4th of July 2008


Complexity within complexity has always seemed to describe this current earthwalk going back into my own earliest childhood memory. In my reading during my 30's I came across the idea of the importance of your earliest memory. What I would define as my own earliest memory was being in a stroller pushed by my mother and her singing the song, "Three Little Fishies". I discovered the following animation with that song on YouTube:



Within this now ancient memory, my older brother was walking next to me as I was being pushed and we were crossing a bridge with my mother singing her "fish song". I looked down through the slats of the boards of the bridge to see water below. As I grew up this was a familiar bridge we would cross on our walks and riding bikes to the swimming pool. This bridge in my hometown has subsequently been torn up and this street is now a dead end.

I carry an intention to build a bridge across my pond. Since I personally built my own Bog Bridge, bridges are something I enjoy.

In the Apple Tree Flower Bed - looking towards Bog Bridge
When it rains a lot the Pond overflows into the Cattail Bog, Bog overflows into Apple Tree Flower Bed
The Bog is over 2 feet of peat moss,
even after a 4" rain there is little drainage into the flower bed

My questionable Pond Assistants at edge of pond near Bog and Bird Bath Island
This is the Frog Area of the pond and frogs are more quick and clever than above dogs!
The Red Arrow points to the Pond level and subsequent overflow into the Cattail Bog
This area discloses another project needing completion


A VERY happy day in my memories!

Rubber pond liner is heavy and explains my 2008 4th of July Extravaganza and guest list.
My middle brother was Pond Liner Boss during its installation and I functioned as Bossy Woman telling him what I wanted.
I am standing by the Cyprus tree next to the Bog Bridge.

The Bog was manifested before the Pond.


When the Pond was just a Twinkle in my Eye

Bog Bridge was WHY I decided to invest in an electric screw driver for myself
.
Tool subsequently snagged by Pond Liner Boss Brother in 2009 and another has replaced it!
There is no way I can repay my brother for his help during this earthwalk of mine



From 2009 Newsletter I mailed out to family and friends:


There are my stories of BRIDGES and CLIFFS as there are stories of BIG STICKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment